Not Waving, But Drowning

There are times when I feel like drowning. Wallowing in my sadness, sinking slower and slower to the bottomless pit of despair and hatred until I realise that it’s too late and I’m scrabbling for air but the weight of it all crushes me and I’m left with nothing left to live for.

I’ve realised that the only thing that I enjoy doing now is writing. The ability to inhabit a character’s mind makes me forget everything. Even when writing on here, I put on a persona of sorts. Thinking and Inking is me 80% of the time. The other 20 % consists of me alternately hating myself, trying to control my social anxiety and feeling like my writing is crap. Which it is, most of the time.

I had to get this off my chest, because writing is easier than talking. Thanks to you, my lovely audience who likes and comments on my work, I feel like I can keep going. Thank you.

(I’m probably going to delete this later, but I’m still immensely grateful for such a wonderful audience.)

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Not Waving, But Drowning

  1. Izzy! I needed to comment after I read this post, just to tell you that I really enjoy your writing and I always look forward to your posts 🙂
    When I feel sad and lonely, writing seems to help me too. I’m new to this whole blog thing and I have to admit, it’s really nice to be a part of the blogger community and to be able to communicate with so many different people.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s