I was nominated for this award yonks ago by the lovely IsobelK14, but I have been run off my feet recently – three days is not enough time to complete a magazine – and it’s only today that I’ve been able to accept it.
These are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are Isobel’s questions and my answers (this could get confusing for me – my name is actually Isobel too).
What’s one thing you love about blogging?
I love the fact that I can sit down and pour my heart out one day, and then the next write a crazy-ass short story. I feel that the WordPress community is the loveliest I’ve known, and I love interacting with y’all.
Who’s your favourite author?
If I answered this question in depth, then we’d be here all day. Right now, I’m binge-reading plays, so I’m reading a lot of Robert Icke’s work, as well as some Shakespeare, but novel-wise, I adore Franz Kafka, Haruki Murakami, Tom Sharpe, Philip Pullman, Aldous Huxley, George Orwell and Margaret Atwood.
What was your favourite childhood book?
The St Clare’s series by Enid Blyton gave me the reading book – I bought a book a week until I had them all, and then I moved onto the Malory Towers series!
Favourite book character?
Winston Smith from 1984, a) because I’m reading the play right now and he’s the one that’s screaming at me, and b) because that’s the name of my cat.
Favourite subject at school?
English! English! English!
Either ‘We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness’ from 1984 (I know, I’m going through a fangirl phase), or ‘I’m an instant star – just add water and stir’ from David Bowie.
One thing you miss right now?
The blissful summer days when I did absolutely sod all but read and draw on the beach. And the days when I temporarily forgot that I have forthcoming exams.
If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be and why?
I’d be in London, spending the day hopping from theatre to theatre, because I’ve seen way too little theatre this year.
Last song you listened to?
I can’t actually remember, because I spent this morning listening to the Henry James Omnibus on Radio 4 Extra, but I think that it was probably something from Bare Knuckle Parade’s Iron Lungs album.
Book or movie?
Usually book, because I think that some book-to-movie adaptations are crap, but some movies are fab. I especially love The History Boys, Patch Adams and The Italian Job.
Favourite book series?
Murakami’s 1Q84 or Pullman’s His Dark Materials.
Eleven facts about me
- I’m trying to read Macbeth, Othello, Hamlet and King Lear in two months (check out my Shakespeare challenge page for updates).
- I’m a really untidy person.
- I spent yesterday fangirling, big-time.
- I thrive in stressful situations.
- Coffee over tea. Always.
- I can’t stand The Fault in Our Stars.
- I’ve been to the cinema once in the past six months.
- I’ve been to the theatre four times in the past six months.
- I hate colouring books.
- My favourite colour is yellow.
- If I’m not wearing brogues, I’m wearing hiking boots.
- Best play you’ve seen?
- Currently reading?
- Person you’d like to meet most?
- Favourite literary relationship?
- Favourite thing about blogging?
- Do you do any other writing, aside from blogging? (e.g. journaling)
- Worst book-to-film adaptation?
- Best book-to-film adaptation?
- What do you do to get out of a reading/writing slump?
- What’s on your to-be-read?
- Favourite classic book?
I’m nominating anyone who wants to do this; if you do end up doing it, let me know!