- I’m Izzy, 19, and the prat in the widget to your right
- favourite poets (male): Edward Thomas and Philip Larkin
- favourite poets (female): Sylvia Plath and Charlotte Smith
- favourite playwright (male, and alive): Duncan Macmillan
- another favourite playwright (male, dead, and not Willy Shakes): Chekhov
- favourite playwright (female): Sarah Kane (although also debbie tucker green and Ella Hickson)
- favourite novelists (male): D.H. Lawrence, Haruki Murakami, John Fowles
- favourite novelists (female): Zadie Smith, Amy Tan, Angela Carter
- favourite non-fiction writer (male): George Orwell
- again, also Edward Thomas
- and Robert Macfarlane has a place in my heart
- favourite non-fiction writer (female): Mary Beard
- and Jenny Diski’s travel writing
- if I’m not reading or writing, I’m gardening or staring blankly into space
- one cat, some fish, and two goslings on the way
- on the way as soon as I leave uni. If I ever do.
- favourite birds: dunnocks and swallows
- almond chai tea
- also gin, but will fall over after two g&ts
- politically homeless
- studying English (what else??) at Cambridge
- for ‘studying’, read ‘bears brunt of how-many-lectures-have-you-actually-gone-to’ jokes
If you’d like to read some of my creative writing, check out my work at Visual Verse here.
I also parody blog over at It’s a Genuine Opinion, which is just like this one, but with a more intense anger and not as many books. And Iago! My main G!