- I’m Izzy, 18, and the prat in the widget to your right
- favourite poet (male): Philip Larkin (but also W.H. Auden if I’m in the mood)
- favourite poet (female): Sylvia Plath (although I am beginning to miss Duffy)
- favourite playwright (male, and alive): Duncan Macmillan
- another favourite playwright (male, dead, and not Willy Shakes): Chekhov
- favourite playwright (female): Sarah Kane (although also debbie tucker green and Ella Hickson)
- favourite novelists (male): D.H. Lawrence, Haruki Murakami, John Fowles
- favourite novelists (female): Zadie Smith, Amy Tan, Kate Chopin, Angela Carter
- favourite non-fiction writer (male): George Orwell
- favourite non-fiction writer (female): Mary Beard
- if I’m not reading or writing, I’m gardening or staring blankly into space
- one cat, some fish, and two goslings on the way
- on the way as soon as I leave uni. If I ever do.
- favourite birds: dunnocks and swallows
- I know all the words to Oh! What a Lovely War, which is the best film ever made
- coffee (white, no sugar)
- also gin, but will fall over after two g&ts
- politically homeless
- honestly, why didn’t we vote for chaos with Ed Miliband?
If you’d like to read some of my creative writing, check out my work at Visual Verse here.
I also parody blog over at It’s a Genuine Opinion, which is just like this one, but with a more intense anger and not as many books. And Iago! My main G!